[sane-devel] Problems with clients and "missing" Epson 1650

Michael Carland mcarland@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:12:32 -0800 (PST)

--- Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 01:41:09PM -0800, Michael
> Carland wrote:
> > I been using my Epson 1650 for weeks without
> problems,
> > but am now unable to get it to work. I've rebooted
> > since I last had it working, but don't remember
> doing
> > anything special since the reboot before that to
> make
> > it work. Both xsane and scanimage have the same
> > problem.
>
> [...]
>
> > I tried setting SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=128, and did
> the
> > following:
>
> What's the contents of epson.conf? Also show us the
> output
> with SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 set.

Very good. With SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255, it printed out
the contents of epson.conf, which is not what I was
expecting at all. I had previously been editing
/etc/sane.d/epson.conf, but it was printing out
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf. Commenting out the
SCSI and uncommenting the usb to the /usr/local copy
did the trick.

I don't know what I did to cause the different conf
file to be used. I must have messed with my path or
something and been getting a different xsane binary.

Thanks for the help.

-Michael