[sane-devel] Shotcut to detect IRQ

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:03:42 +0800

Hi,

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> - snip -
 >
 > I have no idea about PAM.

OK.  I will try later to see what will happen.  If it can't work I will
reinstate the original file.

>>Hereinbelow is the content of /etc/modules.conf

> No. "options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0". See man modules.conf.
>

>>The file "/etc/init.d/boot.local" does not exist.
>

> That was an example. Use the start-up file of your distribution.
> Either look at the documentation or just at /etc/init.d/ .

# ls /etc/init.d
anacron  functions  kdcrotate  nfs      rawdevices  sshd       ypbind
apmd     gpm        keytable   nfslock  rhnsd       syslog     yppasswdd
atd      halt       killall    nscd     sendmail    vncserver  ypserv
autofs   identd     kudzu      ntpd     single      winbind    ypxfrd
crond    ipchains   lpd        portmap  smb         wine
cups     iptables   netfs      radvd    snmpd       xfs
dhcpd    isdn       network    random   snmptrapd   xinetd

I suppose "xinetd" is the file. If I am wrong please correct me.

# cat /etc/init.d/xinetd

#!/bin/bash
#
# xinetd        This starts and stops xinetd.
#
# chkconfig: 345 56 50
#              xinetd has access control machanisms, extensive \
#              logging capabilities, the ability to make services \
#              available based on time, and can place \
#              limits on the number of servers that can be started, \
#              among other things.
#
# processname: /usr/sbin/xinetd
# config: /etc/sysconfig/network
# config: /etc/xinetd.conf
# pidfile: /var/run/xinetd.pid

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

# Source function library.
. /etc/init.d/functions

# Get config.
test -f /etc/sysconfig/network && . /etc/sysconfig/network

     status)
         status $prog
         ;;
     restart)
         restart
         ;;
     reload)
         reload
         ;;
     condrestart)
         condrestart
         ;;
     *)
         echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|status|restart|condrestart|reload}"
         RETVAL=1
esac

exit $RETVAL

I shall ADD following line to the bottom of /etc/modules.conf

  insmod_opt=aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0

and ADD "modprobe aha152x" at the bottome of file
/etc/init.d/xinetd

B.Regards
Stephen