[sane-devel] Shotcut to detect IRQ

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:05:47 +0800

Hi folks,

I edited following files

1)
# cat /etc/modules.conf
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 8139too
alias eth1 8139too
alias sound-slot-0 ymfpci
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias usb-controller usb-uhci

options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2)
# cat /etc/rc.d/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.
touch /var/lock/subsys/local

chmod 666 /dev/sg1

modprobe aha152x

Turned on the scanner and rebooted the PC

Login as "user" and started "Xsane"

Xsane started automtically and I carried out scanning immediately
without problem, no further commands being required to make it works

Lot of thanks for your assistance and time spent

B.Regards
Stephen