[sane-devel] Blue cast ...

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:07:13 +1100

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:52:11PM +0100, Deiters wrote:
> If it is not the monitor: My HP 6200C also gave a bluish hue to
> everything, until I calibrated it against a standard target.
> However, I am not sure that SANE has such a service built into it,
> yet (HINT to H.M.-G.). You may have to store gamma curves for
> your scanner.

Hmm, interesting. My HP5300C also requires calibration, however it actually
contains a standard white surface within the scanner itself. The calibration
is automatic before each scan. Hence the tables are not available to the
frontend anyway.

Oops, upon rereading maybe you mean the gamma correction rather than
the min/max values? That the curves may be different for each colour? To do
that SANE would need to provide an image to print which you can scan and
calibrate against. Anyone have such an image?

> On the other hand, have you tried xsane without colour binding?
> It is quite good at correcting colour shades.

It does seem to do quite good actually.
--=20
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--