[sane-devel] Scan an image...

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:15:57 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:58:17AM +1000, saneuser wrote:
> I have Xsane 0.84 on Red Hat 8.0 and when I scan an image of a photo, it
> procuces an image of an A4 sheet, with the photo in the middle. How do I
> just cut the photo image out and save that, rather than the whole sheet?
>
> I have had a look at the preview, and I can select the autoscan area and
> zoom in, but how do I save it?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You can use a variety of
ways to select what to scan: Use the preview window and select with
the mouse, use the size setting of the preview window, or use the
settings of the geometry options. After that, just press the "Scan"
button. Depending on the mode, the image is saved directly or
presented in a window.