[sane-devel] Re: generic USB questoin (SANE/Avision and space USB)

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:07:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

Thanks for your repsonse - but after a whole night of investigating
this (including cross-reading the USB spec, I never did USB
programming before ...), it works now.

I use normal bulk read's from the interrupt endpoint to get the status
byte after each command transfer. This seems to work just fine.

But I had to add support for other than bulk endpoints to the SANE's
internal sanei_usb API ...

On: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:12:37 +0100,
    Oliver Neukum <oliver@neukum.org> wrote:

> I have no idea. As far as I know libusb doesn't do interrupt
> endpoints. Usbfs does, however.
> Furthermore if you do this, you must be ready to read both
> endpoints in any order. As libusb is synchronous, you must use
> threads.
> =

> 	Regards
> 		Oliver