[sane-devel] Scanport 3000 chip

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:58:51 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 09:54:58PM -0500, Cheuk-san Edward Wang wrote:
> I have a Scanport 3000

That's the ScanPort SQ 3000? But that would be a parport scanner.

On this list, there is a report about a Microtek ScanPort 3000 USB
scanner. Is that the one you mean? In this case, can you show us the
output of cat /proc/bus/usb/devices?

How is Microtek connected to Scanport?

> which is not supported by Sane. There was some
> questions about what chip is used in it. I opened it and found a chip
> with these 3 lines printed on it:
>
> 	610800006100
> 	17396T1
> 	137B TAIWAN

No idea. Google doesn't seem to find anything either.

The above mentioned USB scanner is told to use the RTS8801C2-6 chip.