[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane (problem half solved)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sat Mar 1 02:10:27 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 02:57:44PM -0700, Dr. Jones wrote:
> Yes, I mean if I run 'locate sane-find-scanner' nothing is returned except
> the prompt. How do I get that installed?

apt-get install sane-utils

This is one reason why frontends are good (dselect,apititude). It would have
made sure you had all the bits rather than installing the bare minimum.

Also, if you don't know how to get a particular file, go to
http://www.au.debian.org/distrib/packages and type the filename at the
bottom of the page.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/