[sane-devel] How to combine scanned images together and print them as a file

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Mar 4 16:18:21 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:38:23PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
[Windows Paperport replacement]
> I have been searching for their replacement running on Linux for more
> than 4 years.  Lately Google search found me another guy.  He also
> started searching the same things since 1999 without result.

Four years? Hey, that would have been enough time to write that
program. Have you already created a sourceforge.net project for this
program? :-)

Honestly, if there really isn't such a program and there is need for
one, ask the people who are interested in that project and start
writing the software.

> You have to scan all paper documents manually and keep them on folders
> created, make a short description of each document and set time to
> refresh the database automatically after office hour.  Then you can
> search your document with keyword and variable.  It is also possible to
> search the content of the document.  But you need OCR to assist you.  It
> is very useful for a paperless office keeping all paper documents on a
> database.

All the background stuff like scanner drivers, database and ocr is
already there. So you'd just need some graphical glue to combine these
parts. Go ahead!