[sane-devel] lost with FUJITSU scanner M3096G

Dirk Petersen dpetersen at internetchen.de
Thu Mar 6 23:26:32 GMT 2003

I have no Idea what the hex output could mean
but from reading the sources of that that driver
it apparently fails setting the window size of the
scanner glass (also in ADF mode)

It might be useful to give some more info about the Scanner:
Fujitsu Image Scanner M3096G (SCSI finds M3096Gim)
Built: 1994/02
Model name: MAS-A3E-2V
Part No: BO1L-4560-0011A#S1E

I would not mind to delete a few lines of source code
and then recompile, but where to start ?

I tried scanimage, scanadf and various options of xscanimage
because I thought there might be a wrong default value in the
driver, but unfortunately it always gives the same result.

I even tells me, that there is not paper in the ADF when
I switch to ADF mode. So I think I can rule out Hardware,
SCSI or OS Problems, can't I ?

I uploaded the OEM Manual which is pretty lowlevel
http://www.internetchen.de/tmp/m3096eg-manual.pdf

Dirk