[sane-devel] Re: Affordable film scanner supported by SANE

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Mar 19 17:45:45 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:32:06AM +0000, Major A wrote:
> Then we would have to add focusing and exposure options to the SANE
> standard as well-known options because they are vital for film
> scanning.

Both are already on the TODO for SANE2. As I don't have a film
scanner, it's up to you (or someone else) ro write the specifaction of
these options, however :-)

Here is the latest (well...) SANE2 draft:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/sane2/

Please write a description for both options like it's already done for
the other well-known options.

By the way, there is no need to wait for SANE2. If the backend authors
use the same option details in their film scanner backends, it should
be possible to use them right know in a specialized frontend.