[sane-devel] MacOS X SCSI support and other changes in SANE CVS

Thu, 1 May 2003 13:42:00 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:37:38PM -0501, Dave Huang wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:33:03AM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > MacOS X users: Please test now. I haven't got any report about failure
> > or acces until now. If it's not tested, Mac OS X builds may be broken
> > in the next release.
>
> I don't have a SCSI card in my PowerMac, so I can't test that part,
> but I did try to simply build it, and got the following error:

Thanks for testing!

> gcc -o .libs/scanimage scanimage.o stiff.o  ../backend/.libs/libsane.dylib -framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit ../lib/liblib.a -lm

At least the backends seem to be compiled correctly.

> ld: multiple definitions of symbol _getopt
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.So) definition of _getopt
> ../lib/liblib.a(getopt.o) definition of _getopt in section (__TEXT,__text)

Well, that's from getopt. But I have no idea why it doesn't like the
multiple definitions.

I don't know a quick solution either. Only using the local getopt and
getopt_long if they are not available doesn't work because getopt_long
neds the code from getopt.c and some systems have getopt but not
getopt_long.

Could you try without the warning options: ./configure --disable-warnings?
I don't think it matters, but you never know.

The question is: was this bug intoduced by the getopt update or the
-framework/SCSI update?

Can you compile that snapshot:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/snapshots/sane-backends-2003-04-17.tar.gz

That's without the SCSI stuff but with the getopt update.