[sane-devel] fujitsu sp15c (was: Current TODO list)

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 7 May 2003 17:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, m. allan noah wrote:

> >   * Check if sp15c backend (Fujitsu ScanPartner 15C) can be included in
> >     fujitsu or avision backends.

i put out a call for this scanner on this list, and got no responses. this
morning, i actually found one of these in a box where i work. i have spent
a few minutes here playing with it, and with a tiny patch to avision.c, it
appears to work as well under the avision backend as it does under the
sp15 one. i will do some more tests for discrepancies, and send patches to
rene (avision maint).

this scanner is different enough in protocol from non-scanpartner fujitsu
scanners that it makes no sense to expand fujitsu backend to support it.
therefore, i will also send patch to oliver (fujitsu maint) to remove all
mention of sp15 from fujitsu backend.

allan