[sane-devel] fujitsu sp15c

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Fri, 9 May 2003 09:33:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Rene Rebe wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> On: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:06:19 -0400 (EDT),
>     "m. allan noah" <anoah@pfeiffer.edu> wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, m. allan noah wrote:
> >=20
> > >=20
> >=20
> > i put out a call for this scanner on this list, and got no responses. t=
his=20
> > morning, i actually found one of these in a box where i work. i have sp=
ent=20
> > a few minutes here playing with it, and with a tiny patch to avision.c,=
 it=20
> > appears to work as well under the avision backend as it does under the=
=20
> > sp15 one. i will do some more tests for discrepancies, and send patches=
 to=20
> > rene (avision maint).
> >=20
> > this scanner is different enough in protocol from non-scanpartner fujit=
su=20
> > scanners that it makes no sense to expand fujitsu backend to support it=
=2E=20
> > therefore, i will also send patch to oliver (fujitsu maint) to remove a=
ll=20
> > mention of sp15 from fujitsu backend.
>=20
> That is really nice! I'll merge the tiny ADF check improvement
> soon. What state should I give the scanner in the .desc? beta or
> stable?
>=20

well, i have spent some time looking, and i would call the fujitsu sp300,=
=20
600, jr, and 15c all beta.

i say this because i find 3 major differences between the avision backend=
=20
and the sp15c one.

1. avision backend does not support 4 bit grayscale
2. the fcpa scanpartner scanners have more limited possible resolutions
3. the avision driver does not support independent x/y resolution

output using sp15c backend:
Options specific to device `sp15c':
  Scan Mode:
    --source ADF|FB [ADF]
        Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).
    --mode Lineart|Halftone|4-bit Gray|8-bit Gray|Color [Lineart]
        Selects the scan mode (e.g., lineart,monochrome, or color).
    --resolution 0|60|75|80|100|120|150|200|240|300|600dpi [200]
        Sets the horizontal resolution of the scanned image.
    --y-resolution 0|60|75|80|100|120|150|200|240|300|600dpi [200]
        Sets the vertical resolution of the scanned image.
  Geometry:
    -l 0..216mm (in steps of 1.52588e-05) [0]
        Top-left x position of scan area.
    -t 0..356mm (in steps of 1.52588e-05) [0]
        Top-left y position of scan area.
    -x 0..216mm (in steps of 1.52588e-05) [215.47]
        Width of scan-area.
    -y 0..356mm (in steps of 1.52588e-05) [279.364]
        Height of scan-area.
  Enhancement:
    --threshold 0..255 (in steps of 4) [128]
        Select minimum-brightness to get a white point
  Advanced:

output using avision:
Options specific to device `avision':
  Scan mode:
    --mode Line Art|Dithered|Gray|Color [Color]
        Selects the scan mode (e.g., lineart,monochrome, or color).
    --resolution 50..300dpi (in steps of 10) [300]
        Sets the resolution of the scanned image.
    --speed 0..4 (in steps of 1) [inactive]
        Determines the speed at which the scan proceeds.
    --preview[=3D(yes|no)] [no]
        Request a preview-quality scan.
  Geometry:
    -l 0..215mm [0]
        Top-left x position of scan area.
    -t 0..295mm [0]
        Top-left y position of scan area.
    -x 0..215mm [215]
        Width of scan-area.
    -y 0..295mm [295]
        Height of scan-area.
  Enhancement:
    --brightness -100..100% (in steps of 1) [0]
        Controls the brightness of the acquired image.
    --contrast -100..100% (in steps of 1) [0]
        Controls the contrast of the acquired image.
    --quality-scan[=3D(yes|no)] [yes]
        Turn on quality scanning (slower but better).
    --quality-cal[=3D(yes|no)] [yes]
        Do a quality white-calibration
    --transparency[=3D(yes|no)] [inactive]
        Switch transparency mode on. Which mainly switches the scanner=20
lamp
        off. (Hint: This can also be used to switch the scanner lamp off=20
when
        you don't use the scanner in the next time. Simply enable this=20
option
        and perform a preview.)
    --adf[=3D(yes|no)] [no]
        This option enables the Automatic-Docuement-Feeder of the scanner.
        This allows you to scan multiple pages manually or automatically.
    --gamma-table 0..255,...
        Gamma-correction table.  In color mode this option equally affects=
=20
the
        red, green, and blue channels simultaneously (i.e., it is an=20
intensity
        gamma table).
    --red-gamma-table 0..255,...
        Gamma-correction table for the red band.
    --green-gamma-table 0..255,...
        Gamma-correction table for the green band.
    --blue-gamma-table 0..255,...
        Gamma-correction table for the blue band.
    --frame 0..0 [inactive]
        Selects the number of the frame to scan

i have not tried all the options of the avision backend to see if they=20
work yet.

> Could you send me the log from:
> SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=3D7 scanimage -L

it will come to you alone in sep. email.

allan