[sane-devel] Re: Spot scanners / need help on some notions

Tue, 13 May 2003 11:22:37 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:09:18AM +0200, Thomas VIAL wrote:
> Also, thanks for your recommendations on the source
> code & compiling considerations. Concerning the
> latter, is there another ISA-based driver+backend I
> can look at, in order to know which functions are
> portable to any architecture and which are not (this
> is not urgent matter as you can guess)?

The Mustek backend supports mostly SCSI scanners, but also the 600 II
N, which has its own ISA card. The ISA card behaves similar to a
parport, but it's not a real one. It's accessed using ports so I'm not
sure if that helps you. The low level code is in sanei/sane_ab306.c,
the backend itsself in backend/mustek.c.