[sane-devel] net/saned problems with EPSON backend

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 14 May 2003 10:19:23 +0100

Hi,

I just rebuilt a SANE installation here at work and have a little
problem with it. This is the setup: two computers (both x86 with
identical Debian "stable", Linux 2.4.20), one of which has an EPSON
Perfection 1240 connected and runs saned. With SANE 1.0.4, everything
worked fine, but now with sane-backends 1.0.11, I get an "invalid
argument" whenever I try to change the colour correction options (and
maybe others) with xsane. This only happens, though, from the machine
that the scanner isn't connected to! The usual options like mode and
resolution work OK though.

Is it possible that there is a problem in net/saned that only comes to
light when there is a physical network involved, as opposed to a
loopback interface?

I'm using sane-backends-1.0.11 and xsane-0.91 on both machines, all
built from scratch. I don't think there's anything wrong with the
installation.

Before I go into this in more depth: has anyone else seen this
before?

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net