[sane-devel] Spot ScanTak 2c/3c

Sergey Vlasov vsu@altlinux.ru
Wed, 14 May 2003 15:38:40 +0400

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 13:24:42 +0300, Alex wrote:
> I twice have checked up availability at myself of the spota6.sys file -
> infortunately it is absent. Please, inform me it date and size. In
> turn, I give to you the install.log file (is in a folder C:\Program
> Files \), which creation for want of installations of the driver in OS
> Win98SE.

> *** Installation Started 02/11/03 11:41 ***
> Title: Easy Twain Module Installation
> Source: C:\PROGRA~1\HARDWARE\DRIVERS\SCANNERS\SCANTAK.2C\SCAN3X95.EXE
[skip]

Windows 9x TWAIN driver may use direct hardware access without
installing a real OS-level driver for the controller card. Some Mustek
SCSI scanners had such drivers - if the bundled SCSI card was used, they
accessed it directly.

TWAIN drivers for NT/2000/XP cannot use such dirty tricks - they must
use a real lower-level driver to get access to the hardware.