[sane-devel] Progress on CanoScan D1250U2

norbert lataille nonal@freesurf.fr
14 May 2003 22:56:51 +0200

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 21:20, Phil Whineray wrote:
> Hi Norbert
> I also have a D1250U2 and was going to embark on a writing a driver - I came
> unstuck because I do not run windows so could not even hope to capture the
> existing behaviour. I await the day when the "Windows compatible" badge
> is no more!

Hi !

The same for me, I was tricked. In fact this is the last thing which
prevents me from having all my computers runnig Linux :(

> If I can offer any help within that limitation, I'd like to do so.
> I'm a C programmer by trade; I'm not really familiar with SANE, but if you
> want to split off some of the effort I can spare a bit of time most evenings.

This is great, despite I don't know if we are far enough for parallel
tasking right now. Anyway, do you have a DSL line (and are you ready to
receive huge transaction logs) ? Basically I am:
- reversing the windows TWAIN DLL
- getting USB logs from windows scans
- creating perl scripts to parse/rewrite/extract useful information from
the logs (and go back and forth with the windows disassembly)
- producing a libusb executable which produces scans

Norbert