[sane-devel] Q: Recommendation on ADF scanners?

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Sun, 18 May 2003 20:25:52 -0400 (EDT)

we use several fujitsu fi-4120 units in our application. mono 150 dpi=20
simplex, we get 25 pages per minute. it has 50 sheet adf, and is very=20
inexpensive, around $900 US. sane support for this scanner is improving, i=
=20
have some patches to the cvs version that get color and resolution setting=
=20
working properly. this scanner has duplex and color, which you may not=20
need for your application.

we also have used in the past some of the more expensive fujitsu scanners,=
=20
and are looking at switching to the fi-4640s, which is a simplex grayscale=
=20
unit with 100 page adf. it is more expensive (~ $4,000 US), but based on=20
the older 309x series of fujitsu scanners, which are well supported in sane=
=2E
it does 40 ppm at 200dpi.

allan

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Frank Zago wrote:

>=20
> A Panasonic kv-ss25 or ss25d can scan about 20 to 25 A4 page per minutes.=
 They=20