[sane-devel] new kde, kills sane

Gene Heskett gene.heskett@verizon.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:18:19 -0400

Humm, the missus just came in and said can you scan this?  The last
time I used the scanner it was working great, but now the icon that
launches xsane goes thru the root warning and then scans for
devices forever, or until I call ksysguard and kill it.

sane-find-scanner shows this:
---------------------------
[root@coyote root]# sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different,
make sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x010f) at
/dev/usb/scanner0
found USB scanner (vendor=0x1453, product=0x4026) at libusb:002:005
^^^^^^^^^^^^^not a scanner, but a usb-serial adaptor^^^^^^^^^^^^^
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x010f [EPSON
Scanner 010F]) at libusb:002:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
ports can't be
  # detected by this program.

scanimage -L hangs forever also, but can be ctrl-c'd.
Next, I reconfiguring and reinstalling all 3 pieces, which if that
doesn't fix, I'll be back.
xsane is .90, sane-backends is 1.0.11, sane-frontends is 1.0.10, and
it all worked great before I installed kde-3.1.1a and or that
usb-serial adaptor, a prologic that works just fine also.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M