[sane-devel] freebsd usb

Wed, 21 May 2003 21:06:40 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 01:31:07PM -0400, Brian K. White wrote:
> > libusb devices are autodetected. Well, they should be. I've no idea
> > what went wrong in your case. If you want to debug that problem,
> > set SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 and SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 and run
> > scanimage -L. There should only be a [usb] line, no device line in
> > plustek.conf.
>
> OK i'll try that. that's an example of what's not documented :)

Well, the manpage says: "If vendor- and product-id has not been speci-
fied, the backend tries to detect this by its own. If device ist set
to auto then the next matching device is used."
Concerning the DEBUG variables: see man sane and man sane-usb. But you
are right, that could be added to sane-plustek also.

> I'll actually have to comment out my kernel source changes and build a new
> kernel to test this because now the built-in uscanner device finds the
> scanner and sane-find-scanner no longer says libusb. But I'm willing to do
> that to further the cause of clear and complete documentation.

Hey, you don't keep your old kernel images around? :-)