[sane-devel] Java API

Thu, 22 May 2003 16:52:55 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 09:31:43AM -0400, Allen Geary wrote:
> 	I have been working with the files in the japi folder in the backend
> distribution and I ran into some problems.  After searching through the dev
> archives I found that other people had the same problems but I did not find
> a solution.

Silvio Vogt <blackhol at web.de> is working (or at least was) on japi.
Maybe you can contact him for details.

> After a few hours of playing I found one of the issues that was
> causing the VM core dump.  There is still another issue that I am working on
> where a value of TYPE_INT has a size of 16384 which causes a core dump.  In
> the java code,  just check for this size before pulling my value back.
> Anyway, after all of that background, I wanted to know if you want the fixed
> Sane.c file and any of my java classes submitted back to the Sane project?
> I do not know if this is the place to submit this and I am sorry if it is
> not.

It is. If the patch is not too big, just send it to the list. For big
patches and new classes, better put them on the web somewhere and send
us a link.

Maybe one of the other developers can have a look at the code and
apply the patche (after the release). My personal experience with java
is rather bad so I'm not the right one to judge java code :-)