[sane-devel] well, I'm a retrurning user of sane... got some questions.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett@verizon.net
Sat, 24 May 2003 09:51:15 -0400

On Saturday 24 May 2003 05:59, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 03:53:44PM -0700, technomage wrote:
>> I am using kmail in linux here,
>> the reply to list (L) shows both the list and the author.
>
>IMHO that's a bug in the mail client. At least in mutt that
> function is called reply-to-group (or reply-to-all).

It does reply to "all".  If you want just the list, you have to take
the authors return address out, and I often do, and have done so
now.  Now, there is an option in the properties of a folder, to set
it as the home of a mailing list, which may possibly change this
behaviour.  I haven't explored it for effects. Well, maybe, but I
see I had the posting address slightly wrong, I'd left out the www.

>> I'm on quite a few other lists and they've often gone to the
>> option of having "reply-to:" in their firlds because of the
>> difficulties that not having it can cause with some clients.
>
>That has been discussed hundreds of times. There are no new
> arguments. That's why I pointed to the archive. You may also find
> some info by searching for "reply-to considered harmful".
>
>I don't really care this way or the other. If someone wants to
> change the way the list operates, discuss that with the mailing
> list operator David Mosberger <David.Mosberger@acm.org>.
>
>It hasn't been changed the last five years so either he hasn't
> been asked or doesn't like it :-)

Changing it now would surprise everyone! :)