[sane-devel] suddenly problems opening /dev/usbscanner0

Fri, 30 May 2003 20:15:42 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 07:52:11PM +0200, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Using libusb only slightly changes the error
> messages to "no devices available".

This may be a different problem. Check the log file again. Does that
also happen as root?

> But I noticed accidentally, that the kernel scanner modules at work
> and at home have different sizes, although belonging to the same
> kernel.

Maybe the size depends on other options like the processor you compile
for and if you enable module versions.

> > If you use an UHCI host controller, try the module "uhci"
> > instead of "ubs-uhci".
>
> Didn't help.
>
> > Also, there is now sane-backend-1.0.12. I don't know if the backport
> > is ready yet, but al least for sid it's there.
>
> Do you know the package name?

libsane. See http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/sane.html . There is
already a 1.0.12 release.

> What else could I try?

Try to find out the difference between the woking and the not working
system. This scanner works on my syste,. I just tested it (sane
1.0.12, kernel 2.4.21rc1).