[sane-devel] (Repost one year later) My scanner is not yet supported :-(

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:21:05 +0100

Hi,

as I also wrote almost one year ago, this scanner seems to be the same
device like the Plustek UT12 with device ID 0x0001. As intermediate step
to have a USB device, Plustek added a Genesys Logic Parport2USB bridge
to their PT12 model...

As the P12 is supported by the plustek_pp backend and the GeneSys Logic
brigde can also be used, it is possible to write a backend for these devices.

I have a small test program, that is able to read/write some of the P98003
registers and to switch the lamp. I'm not sure if I will manage to port
the P12 code, but the tests are promising...

To be honest, if I find some spare time, I'll do some more tests and if
possible, I'll provide a backend...

Ciao,
  Gerhard