[sane-devel] SANE OS X 10.3 Install Problems

Phil Barrett phil@cambridgeanimation.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:02:22 -0000

> Well, I can't help because I don't have any MacOS X experience but
> maybe one of the OS X hackers can. So I quote everything and send it
> to sane-devel. Please reply to sane-devel, not to me personally.
>
> > -DV_MAJOR=1 -DV_MINOR=0 -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -W -Wall sanei_scsi.c
> > sanei_scsi.c:210:35: IOKit/cdb/IOSCSILib.h: No such file or directory

Simple enough: this header is an old API, which is not included in OS X 10.3
(Panther).

The code for the new API is in sanei_scsi.c already, so the solution is just
to define OSX_ONLY_10_2_API somewhere.

It seems this wasn't defined before, so I suspect the code using the new API
has to be considered untested and potentially buggy.

(Note that it fails to compile using gcc 2.95 without some reorganisation of
variable and function declarations in the new API code.)

Phil