[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro 1212U / HP ScanJet 4200C

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud@free.fr
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:00:03 +0100

Hi,

The Plustek OpticPro 1212U is currently not supported by SANE. :(

However, by the looks of the chip numbers, it seems that this scanner
uses a parallel port chip (ASIC 98003) coupled to an USB-to-parallel
chip (unidentified so far -- I do not have the scanner handy :( but I
have all chip numbers available :) ).

So I figured I'd give a try at glueing a backend for it.

Anyone could give me generic directions on getting started with this
task?

I've seen there is another scanner with the same structure, the HP
Scanjet 4200c; anyone here who helped develop it?

I'm at ease with C/C++ development, that's my job in fact. :)

Thanks in advance,
--
Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud@free.fr>