[sane-devel] Epson gt-8000 transparency experiment

Martin Collins martin@mkcollins.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:39:40 +0000

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:39:48 +0100
Bart Buitinga <bartbuitinga@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I'm not sure what is
> meant with "high" when testing pins with a multimeter.

High is 5V for TTL electronics, low is <1V. 24V is goodbye :-(

> So I tried connecting 10-12, 10-13, 2-12, 2-13,

What was probably needed was to connect the right 5V line to a 0V
line, one or more of which would be ground.

> No more signs of life at all.

Ouch, sorry to hear that...

> (Or has anyone around got the specific experience I need now???)

You could try looking at the circuit board. If there are no obviously
burnt out components follow back from pin 1 (or pin 11 if it is not
connected to ground) and replace each component in turn until it works
again. If there is an obviously burnt out component hope it is still
identifiable and is not an eeprom or something irreplaceable.
Good luck.

Martin