[sane-devel] Blue tinge...

gerard klaver gerard at gkall.hobby.nl
Wed Nov 12 12:08:14 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 05:30, Greg wrote:
> We have an HP 6300C scanner and are using Xsane 0.89 under RH9 to scan
> images in, and there is very obvious blue tinge on all of the scanned
> images.  If I play with the settings for some time I can tune some of
> the blue colour out, but at a cost of overall picture quality.
>
> Is there some kind of calibration that I can do so that the image will
> be a faithful reproduction with the default settings?
>
> Regards,
> Greg

Using a reference target to calibrate, see for example
http://www.targets.coloraid.de/ and
http://www.littlecms.com/profilers.htm

with command
convert image file scanner-profile monitor-profile new-filename
to get a corrected image file.

Also to check, the backing of the scanner, if it is black and the
scanned images are on thin paper, scanning noise of the black backing is
possible, using a white paper between the backing and the image can
reduce the blue noise.