[sane-devel] Weiiiird colors

Mattias Kregert mattias at kregert.se
Fri Nov 14 19:11:09 GMT 2003

Good evening....
I have a kind of weird color problem... maybe someone here have an idea of whats causing this...?

Take a look on the atached pictures... very fun, but not very useful :)

I have tried both USB and SCSI, but the results are the same. In normal mode black/white is swapped,... So i tried with "--rif=yes", which fixed the black/white problem... but then blue becomes redand red becomes blue... *arghh*
What is going on?? LSB/MSB mismatch? between scanner/controller? between controller/os? ?? does the scanner use 24 bit color and sane 8 or 16 bit?? am i hallucinating? cosmic radiation??

Any ideas?

I can use the scanner in grayscale mode if i use "--rif=yes"... but i want to scan color too... :-/

System info:
Scanner: Fujitsu FI-4120C
OS: Linux 2.4.20
Distro: Slackware 9.0
I/F 1: SCSI controller:  Tekram DC-315, options=7,20,1,32
I/F 2: USB 2.0

/Mattias