[sane-devel] Adding Minolta Scan Dual III support

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Nov 26 11:11:05 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:45:19AM -0500, Gary Wong wrote:
> I recently bought a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III film scanner, and am
> attempting to extend the avision backend to support it.  I've made a
> bit of progress so far, but still have quite a lot to figure out.

Ah, very good. I'll add a link to this posting in our lists so users
of that scanner can contact you.

Have you already talked to the maintainer of the Avision backend, Rene
Rebe <rene at rocklinux.org>?

> All this SCSI protocol stuff is new to me, so I don't have a good feel
> for where to look to fix these things.  Does anybody have any
> suggestions on what to try, or (please!) a pointer to somewhere any of
> this might be documented?  I'd love to be able to contribute a patch
> to the avision backend to support the Dual III.

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer? You can also try to sniff
the Windows driver (see our contributing page).