[sane-devel] Mac OS X - xsane and Microtek Scanmaker II

Guy Brooker guy_brooker@mac.com
Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:11:45 +0200

On 29/8/03 6:41 pm, "abel deuring" <a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de> wrote:

> I hope that Matt (the maintainer of the Microtek backend) will correct
> any errors in my understanding of the Mircoek backend, and that Guy
> Brooker <guy_brooker@mac.com> or Mattias Ellert
> <mattias.ellert@tsl.uu.se>, who wrote the SCSI support for MacOS X, can
> give better comments.

Hi David,

The SCSI support in 10.0.12 was written by Mattias. I recently added a new
port to sanei_scsi, that uses APIs available in Jaguar (OS X 10.2 and later)
that adds support for FireWire scanners and SCSI devices plugged in to
either SCSI cards or SCSI to FireWire adapters.

The patch is now officially included in the current CVS release of sane,
though if you'd like to give it a try with the minimal fuss, a zip archive
for the patch to 1.0.12 is available at

http://homepage.mac.com/guy_brooker/.cv/guy_brooker/Public/Sane/sane-backend
s-1.0.12-osx.zip-link.zip

(type 'man patch' for instructions on how to apply)

I've no idea if it will make any difference at all, in fact it's probably
more likely to be something in the backend rather than sanei_scsi, but it's
worth a try.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

Cheers
Guy