[sane-devel] Re: ADF for HP7450c and Black image

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:03:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:06:11 -0400,
    "Angela Corridore" <angelac@telcel.net.ve> wrote:

> Hi,
> =

> I'm triying to use ADF switch on OS/2-Warp4 system with HP7450c, the =
command
> I'm using is :
> 	scanimage -d avision --format=3Dtiff  --resolution=3D80 --adf=3Dyes =
1>a.tif 2>2.L
> =

> When I do this, my scanner hang up initializing. I tried it with sane=

> backend version 1.0.11 and 1.0.12 and I get the same result.
> Is there any problem with this ADF swicth or do I miss something ?

Nope this is correct. The backend does not work well in ADF mode using
this scanner. I try to meditate about this in the next days. The
problem is that AFAIK the byes we send are just right and work well on
my AV 8000S (A3 + ADF + > 30 pages/minute).

> Beside that, When I tried to scan with the new backend version (1.0.1=
2)
> using the same parameters as the previous version (1.0.11) I get a bl=
ack
> image.  The command I'm using is :
> =

> 	scanimage -d avision --format=3Dtiff  --resolution=3D80 1>a.tif 2>2.=
> =

> Is there any difference between both versions that causes this result=
 ?

Oh, interesting! Yes there are differences ...

Could I get a log for both of this commands with
SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=3D7. This would be a great help to track this.

> Thanks for your help...
> Angela

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe