[sane-devel] UMAX 1200S on NetBSD

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:36:51 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 08:18:54AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I have been using sane on FreeBSD for a long time.
>
> I converted my machine to NetBSD, and was unable to find the scanner,
> even when doing 'xscanimage /dev/ss0'

That's ok because you should use a SANE device name, not a device
file. E.g. something like "xscanimage umax:/dev/ss0". Yes, that's
mention in man xscanimage but I also had to look closely to find it :-)

> found SCSI scanner "UMAX Astra 1200S V2.9" at /dev/ss0
>
>  > scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified.

Does it still not work after adding the symlink /dev/scanner?
xscanimage and scanimage should begave the same.

> I did try putting /dev/ss0 in /usr/pkg/etc/sane.d/pint.conf, after
> reading sane-pint.

I never used pint but you should be able to do without it by just
using the umax backend. Instead of the /dev/scanner symlink you could
have added /dev/ss0 to umax.conf.

Thanks for your report!