[sane-devel] Canon FS4000

eric@b.org eric.bachard@free.fr
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:42:38 +0200

Hi everyone,

Just for say :

backend-writing translation is 100% translated, and will soon be OK.
Need to be verified again before to be available. The new name is
backend-writing_fr_version.txt.

A (very serious) question :

Can the chipset inside FS4000US  be a National Semiconductor LM98501 or
a LM98503 ? The to one I think are 10-Bits (18 ou 27 MHz) MSPS Camera
Signal Processor.

I think so because the pub about FS4000US, from Canon, say that there's
a CCD sensor inside, and for having 4000DPI, other chipset like LM9831,
LM9832 or generic LM983x generaly are not enough powerfull. But LM98501
or a LM98503 are...

BTW : a link for LM98501/3 documentation :

http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM98501.html

http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM98503.html

All the documentation can be found at :

http://www.national.com/pf/LM/

Last question :

Can someone give me a model/template for asking Canon documentation
about FS4000US ?
Or is there somewhere such a template ?
My english is not very good, and if someone could help me, I'll very
happy :-)

Cheers

--
NO ePATENTS / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir / See
http://swpat.ffii.org/

eric b