[sane-devel] ECP Command sending

John Coppens john@jcoppens.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:48:05 -0300

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:56:22 +1000
Matthew Duggan <stauff@guarana.org> wrote:

> I'd recommend using libieee1284 for this sort of thing.  It nicely
> encapsulates all the ECP/EPP/BIDIR/etc modes in a mostly-cross-platform
> way.  It is my long-term ambition to add sanei_parport calls which use
> libieee1284, then finally get the parport backends to be portable and
> not all do their own crazy thing.

Hi Matthew.

Thanks for replying. I took a fast look at the ieee library functions and
I believe the write_addr functions are what I'm looking for. I even had
it installed. I do wonder why they are called 'addr' functions, as the ECP
specs call them commands, which seems a bit more generic (and maybe more
correct?).

I'll have a look at the code itself, I still wonder why I cannot seem to
do it with the parport library itself (or maybe it's me - I just can't
find _how_ to do it).

Cheers,
John