[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New SANE homepage online

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:14:43 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:11:53AM +0200, Jarl Friis wrote:
> It seems like all documents are missing DOCTYPE specification, see
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sane-project.org%2F
>
> Trying to use HTML 4.01 Transitional gives a lot of errors, see
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sane-project.org%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional
>
> Seems like there is quite a lot of work to make them conform to HTML.

I don't think so. At least the pages that are created manually have
all been validated as correct HTML 4.01 Transitional.

The problem is the redirect from www.sane-project.org to
sane.alioth.debian.org. It's a frame redirect and that frame code
doesn't seem to be HTML-compliant. I thought I used a HTTP redirect,
but that doesn't seem to be true. I'll check the setting.

Anyway, if you find HTML errors in http://sane.alioth.debian.org,
please tell us.

Thanks,
  Henning