[sane-devel] hp usb scanner help

michaell taylor mt@michaelltaylor.com
26 Sep 2003 12:37:04 -0400

I don't know that I have the right forum here....but worth a shot.

I am having trouble with a hp 7130xi usb scanner in redhat 8.0, kernel
2.4.20smp. Sane-find-scanner reports no scanners - but /etc/modules.conf
seems to show usb support and I can print through the usb connection.
I've recompiled hpoj and sane-backends - still sane-find-scanner
er...doesn't.

I've heard from the hpoj devel team that the newest HP all-in-ones are
not supported.  But sane device compat files seem to indicate otherwise.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Michaell

P.S. Oddly, in desperation I tried hooking it up to my OS X T-book with
the newest downloaded HP drivers and newest OSX version - But I get
error code '.' or not enough room on disk for scanned image (16 gigs
free, empty trash bins, lots of space in /tmp , /private/tmp, etc areas)