[sane-devel] problems compiling on cygwin and a java question

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:31:52 +0200

Hi sane developers,
we are experiencing some strange problems compiling the latest CVS
snapshot on an up-to-date cygwin installation.

1. if we just use the vanilla 'configure' without specifing any
arguments then we get an error when compiling backend/coolscan.c, at
line 2593. The error is: sa_handler field doesn't exists.

2. if you use a different compiler, i.e., 'gcc-2' instead of 'gcc', the
compilation process stops on backend/gt68xx.c, line 242, since SHM_R is
not definded. How may we tell 'configure' to do not compile a specific
backend? Should we specify all other backends we need using the BACKENDS
variable?

gt68xx_shm_channel.c: In function `shm_channel_new':
gt68xx_shm_channel.c:242: `SHM_R' undeclared (first use in this function)
gt68xx_shm_channel.c:242: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gt68xx_shm_channel.c:242: for each function it appears in.)
gt68xx_shm_channel.c:242: `SHM_W' undeclared (first use in this function

gcc-2 is version 2.95.3-10
gcc is version 3.3.1

3. we are looking for a sane API available in java. We saw JSane-net but
it is still at alpha stage. What we need is to connect to a saned server
using a java only client.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Bye,
Giuseppe