[sane-devel] Epson Perfetion 2480 scanner

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:51:00 -0400

I don't know anything about this scanner, which means that I also don't
know if the scanner is supported by the EPSON backend, or uses a
different design that may fall into the same category as the 3170,
1670, 1260, 1270 or 660.

You can find out if it's supported by the EPSON backend by adding a
line like this to your epson.conf file

usb 0x4b8 <product id>

You need to substitute <product id> with the actual USB product ID for
your scanner.

Then try to use one of the Sane frontends (e.g. scanimage, xscanimage,
xsane, ...) and see if you get any results. If the scanner does not
return an image, you should try to get capture a log file:

export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128
scanimage > /tmp/scan.log

Please send the log file to me.

Karl Heinz