[sane-devel] how to compile scanadf

Oliver Schirrmeister oschirr@abm.de
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:08:09 +0200

Hello,

I have a directory where I've loaded the sane-sources from CVS (...../sane/).
In that directory are the directories sane-backends and sane-frontends. I'm
able to run scanadf (..../sane/sane-backends/frontends)
Now I'd like to run scanadf with my backend in the sane-backends directory.

I did:
cd ...../sane/sane-frontends/
export SANE_CONFIG=../sane-backends/tools/sane-config
because the configure tools told me to to that
and then
./configure --disable-shared --disable-dynamic
I want to link (static) my backend with scanadf because it's easier
to debug the backend.

configure aborts with:

checking for SANE - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** The sane-config script installed by SANE could not be found
*** If SANE was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the SANE_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to sane-config.
ERROR: Couldn't find SANE libraries (sane-backends). Possible reasons:
     - sane-backends isn't installed (install sane-backends before
       sane-frontends
     - the SANE header files aren't installed (if you installed
       SANE as RPM make sure you also included the sane-devel RPM)
     - the SANE libraries can't be found because /usr/local/lib/ isn't
       searched by the dynamic linker (see INSTALL for details)

How can I build scanadf?

Thanks

Oliver