[sane-devel] HP PSC1205 under Slackware 10

Ian bell ianbell@ukfsn.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:08:00 +0100

I have the above multi-function printer/scanner.  On one partition I
run Mandrake 9.2 which automagicaly detects and sets it up.  Sna e and
xsane work fine.

On another partition I have slackware 10. scanimage -L reports no
scanners found either as a user or root.  However, sane-find-scanner
correctly returns 'found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard],
product=0x2f11 [psc 1200 series]) at libusb:001:002' as any user as it
does under Mandrake.  I have added the printer to the usb hotplug
list, tried changing device permissions and checked that usblib and
hpijs are loaded.  The printer part works fine with cups.  My kernel
is 2.4.26 and sane is 1.0.14.

How do I get this working?

Ian