[sane-devel] Re: HP 7450C - Error trying to scan in powersave mode

Erik P. Olsen erik@epo.dk
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:25:13 +0200

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 19:33, Ren=C3=A9 Rebe wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>=20
> > I don't think this is true. I am running the latest bleeding edge
> > backend from
> > http://svn.rocklinux-consulting.de/sane-avision/trunk/backend/
> > with my HP 7400c and I first thought that it had been corrected. But =
it
> > turned out to be true only after a reboot and subsequent scans perfor=
med
> > after the lamp had cooled off had the old problem: scanner stops half=
way
> > through in a horrible noise which you have to stop by pulling the plu=
g.
> > After switching it on again it pauses for 90 sec. before doing a corr=
ect
> > scan and so it does at all following scans - pausing 90 sec. that is.=
 It
> > is only back to normal after a reboot.
>=20
> Hm - it fixed it for my test scanner here. If it still happens on your=20
> side it would be nice if you could debug why this still happens.

Will do. It may take a few days though because I am having a change in
our Internet access as well as our internal lan and I'd like to have
that done before anything else. Will a run with SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=3D7
suffice?

--=20
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen