[sane-devel] xsane: segmentation fault

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:16:10 +0100

Hi,

Martin Deppe wrote:

> well, it doesn't crash anymore - thank you so far - but it doesn't find
> the device anymore ... (none of xsane, scanimage, xscanimage or kooka)

> When I use the current version the following happens:
> "sane-find-scanner"    says            "... no scanners found ..."

When even the minimalistic sane-find-scanner does not find the device
anymore there must be s.th. fundamentally broken.

> "scanimage -L"            says            "No scanners were identified ..."
> "xscanimage"                says            "Failed to open device
> '/dev/sg0': Invalid Argument"
> "xsane"                            just says    "no devices available"

I need some log obtained by:

SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=7 your-favourite-program 2> log

in order to get a clue what the backend really does.

Btw. What distribution is this? Maybe they have some distribution
specific scsi hacks?

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.exactcode.de/t2