[sane-devel] sane-coolscan2.

Laurent-jan Dullaart ljm@xs4all.nl
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:27:06 +0100

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 06:34, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 00:05 +0100, Laurent-jan Dullaart wrote:
>
> > There is a script-fu/gimp1-plugin for the coolscan2-backend available at:
> >
> > www.xs4all.nl/~ljm/dirtyduster.tar
> >
> > Works quite well for small scratches or dust. You'll need some
experimenting
> > with enhancing the contrast in the infra-red image.  Also, see
> >
> > http://andreas.rick.free.fr/sane/
> >
> > for the original plugin. The plug-in part from my tar is practically an
> > unchanged copy of this. Andreas also explains a bit how it works.
>
> At one time I did port it to Gimp-1.2. Patch available there:
>
> http://www.figuiere.net/projects/dustrm/
>
> Perhaps should I port it to 2.0 ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Hub
> --

Julien Blache promissed to have a look at it and help port it to GIMP2. I am
still running GIMP1.2, so I have no experience writing plug-ins for GIMP2 and
I cannot test it.  Of course, if you'd port it, you'd save him some work :-)

Just wondering: how many scanners are there (apart from the coolscan series)
that support an infra-red channel? And how do the backends for those scanners
handle this channel; how do you get it in the GIMP? As an alpha chanel (like
the coolscan) or as an additional picture (like the coolscan2)? From previous
discussions about the coolscan, I remember that the SANE-standard does not
really cover this.

--
(c) ljm ( xs4all)    No part of this copyright message may be
reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including