[sane-devel] Re: SANE & LS50ED

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:43:57 +0000

> So I've been looking through the code and the specs and couldn't really
> find anything that differs between the LS50ED specs and the current
> coolscan2 code. Here's a trivial patch to enable the detection of the
> LS50 and LS5000, maybe this is all that is required to get these devices
> to work for a start. You may need to adjust usb IDs too, not sure.
>
> johannes

That's my problem exactly. I've tried the patch you attached, and a
few things more, without any success so far.

There's one major difference between the specs and the code: the
LS-50/5k doesn't support "Boundary" information, only
"Boundary2". I've changed the code (not in CVS yet) to reflect that,
no success nevertheless.

  Andras