[sane-devel] 'scan' button

Rich Duzenbury rduz-sane@theduz.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:44:01 -0600

Hi SANErs!

I've got a mulifunction device that seems to be working pretty well - an
Epson Stylus CX3200.  I have no real issues with it using the frontends.

Like many multifunction units, this one has a 'scan' button on the
device itself and I have some users that want to be able to walk up to
the scanner, scan a document by pressing the scan button, and then walk
away.

They don't have time or inclination to fire up a front-end, but they
expect that the document will be scanned and stored on the network.

They would also like a notification sent to interested parties that a
new document was scanned into the system.

How difficult will it be to achieve?

Many thanks!

--
Regards,