[sane-devel] 'scan' button

Tristan Hill stan@saticed.me.uk
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:01:54 +0000

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 13:42 -0500, m. allan noah wrote:
> we de-skew, find barcode, upend and align page if needed, read barcode,
> omr the rest of the sheet, then store in db. human never looks at pages.

Can you offer any tips on how de-skewing is best done?  It is question
of writing a program to analyse the image data?  Are there particular
algorithms recommended for the task?  Maybe such a program already is
available to be called by a script?  Is there a particular framework
geared up to this sort of task? e.g. perhaps gimp + plugins

TIA