[sane-devel] Cannot connect to saned

Hauke Coltzau king_django@gmx.de
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:13:26 +0100

Hi there,

sorry for not answering for such a long time, I didn't find
the time to work on this problem for some weeks.

This weekend, I tried connecting to saned from my other hosts
in the network and found out something quite interesting:

Calling scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1 -L from remote doesn't
show me any recognized scanners. Calling it locally on
192.168.0.1, my PSC 2110 is recognized as expected.

But strangely, if I call

  scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1:hpoj:mlc:usb:PSC_2100_Series -T

or

  scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1:hpoj:mlc:usb:PSC_2100_Series > img.png

from remote, the scanner starts to work and scans as expected.

So, my problem is now that xsane and kooka do not recognize the scanner,
because scanimage -L doesn't recognize the scanner. But scanning from
console works when the device name is given.

What doe I miss now?

Thanks for your help,

Hauke