[sane-devel] SNAPSCAN 1212U and libusb troubles

Barbara Post b.post@laposte.net
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:28:31 +0100

Hi Jim,

What will do do when "obsolete" module will be removed ? Stick to an old
  and maybe unsecure kernel ?

I want my scanner to work properly with libusb :-)
It just bugs me. So I hope someone can do something.

Have a nice day, all.

Jim Jensen wrote:
> Hi again, Barbara
>
> I've just rebuilt a 2.6.1 kernel with "obsolete" usb scanner support,
> and it works fine with the same scanner setup stuff I use with
> 2.4.20-28.9.
>
> This approach works well for me anyway, since I'm frequently moving back
> and forth between 2.4 and 2.6.
>
> Jim
>

> On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 10:51, Barbara Post wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Sorry I tried to post with the wrong e-mail.
>>So here it goes again.
>>
>>I use debian testing with a 2.6.1 kernel.
>>Since "scanner" is obsolete now I tried to setup my scanner with libusb.
>>But after much struggling I haven't succeeded for now. I hope you can
>>give me some light :-)
>>
>>sane-find-scanner works fine.
<snip/>

--